Wednesday, December 5, 2007

AHEAD

IIT, Powai has a sign board that says 'CATTLE INHIBITOR AHEAD'. I always used to read it. Its been a long time since.....now I just acknowledge its presence as i walk by it. Perhaps one day it will be gone.I might miss it, but for now I know its there.
The funny thing is that cattle cant read and cars don't care. And people like me just find it a funny thing to tread over.But it is not a funny thing at all its inginous in its deviousness. I am sure the cattle think so if they think about it at all.
It consists of a number of pipes about 10 to 12 cm in dia, laid one after another spanning a certain length of the road and engulfing its width. the gaps between the pipes amount approximately to their radii.
Now what this device implements is sheer panoptism. In simple terms it keeps the cattle in restriction. Humans can tread over it but the cattle still manage to get stuck in it.

No comments: